Strava is a fitness app for cyclists and runners. You can use it to track, connect, and compete with other Strava users.
While the app relies on GPS tracking and user-inputted data to give tracking information you can sync it with your Fitbit for the ultimate fitness tracking experience.
This post explains how you can link your Fitbit and Strava accounts together.
Ready to take your Fitbit to the next level? Amazon has amazing Fitbit accessories, from stylish new bands to powerful charging docks you have everything you need to get the most out of your Fitbit. Take a look a look on Amazon by clicking here.
How Do I Connect Strava to Fitbit?
- Visit strava.fitbit.com and click Connect.
- Log in to your Strava account.
- When prompted, authorize Strava to connect to your Fitbit account and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can check out the step-by-step guide for both the methods of syncing your Strava to Fitbit.
How To Connect Fitbit To Strava Via The App
If you are a registered Stava user, you already have the Strava app on your phone. Here’s how you can connect it with your Fitbit:
- Launch the Fitbit app.
- Tap the gear icon on the top corner to open settings.
- Select ‘Link Other Devices.’
- Tap ‘Connect a device to Strava.
- Now you will see a list of supported devices. Choose Fitbit.
- The screen will prompt you to log into your Fitbit account. Enter your login details and tap ‘Login.’
- You will now see the list of data that Fitbit can access. You can customize the selections according to your preferences. When you are happy, press ‘Authorize.’
- Now you will see the information Stava can access from your Fitbit account. You can also adjust the options to grant permission for specific metrics. Once done, tap allow.
- The last screen will tell you about the Strava Fitbit syncing process. Read through it and tap ‘Okay, got it,’ to finish the setup.
How To Connect Fitbit To Strava Via.fitbit.com
Connecting both services via a web browser is because there is a dedicated web page for this purpose. Here’s how you can link Strava with Fitbit using the strava.fitbit.com:
- Launch your browser and open strava.fitbit.com.
- Click on the ‘Connect‘ button located towards the bottom.
- The net screen will prompt you to log into your Strava account. Input your login details and press ‘Login.’
- On the next screen, you will see the data that Fitbit can access. Choose the options you want to grant permission for and hit ‘Authorize.’
- You will be asked to log into your Fitbit account. Do so.
- Check the options for the metrics you want Strava to access and click ‘Allow.’
- Finally, read about how the syncing process for both devices works and click ‘Okay, got it.’
Are you worried your Fitbit band will break in your workout? Discover where you can buy replacement bands and if you can replace them yourself in my helpful article.