No matter how useful the “Are You Still Watching“ prompt is in helping us avoid losing track of our viewing history on Netflix, it’s still awfully annoying.
The interruptions get on our nerves when we’re binge-watching our favorite shows and the remote is nowhere to be found.
To find out how you can get Netflix to stop asking you to continue playing on Apple TV, keep reading!
While iPhone users can disable the “Are You Still Watching Prompt” on the Netflix app, you cannot on Apple T. The prompt will appear after you’ve continuously watched three episodes of a show or 90 minutes of Netflix without using any video player control.
Even though you can’t avoid the “Are You Still Watching” prompt on the Netflix app downloaded on your Apple TV, the platform has recently allowed users to remove shows and movies from the Continue Watching row.
Keep reading if you want to learn how to do this and find out whether Apple TV has a continue watching option.
Love your Apple TV but are thinking of an upgrade? Grab the latest Apple TV for a bargain on Amazon.
Does Apple TV Have a Continue Watching?
Apple TV does have continue watching. To resume a show or a movie on Apple TV, go to the “Home Screen” and scroll down to the “Continue Watching” section or select the “Up Next” section in the “Watch Now” tab. It will work on the same Apple TV that you used to watch a particular show or movie and the synced Apple devices.
If you’re unable to resume a video from the Up Next or Watch Now section, you can also manually search for the show or movie by selecting the Search option in the top navigation section. However, if the video is playing from the beginning, there are a few steps you can take to fix this:
- Select the Apple TV settings from your iPhone’s Settings.
- Navigate to the bottom and sign into Home Sharing.
- Next, uninstall the Apple TV app and restart your media streaming device.
- After restarting the device, reinstall the app and sign back in.
- You can also check Apple TV settings on your iPhone to ensure the Use Play History option is switched on.
- Sign out of iTunes, switch on the Airplane Mode, and switch it off after 30 seconds.
- Sign back into your iTunes account and check whether the movies and shows are now synced.
- If the problem persists, you might need a software update on either your iPhone, the Apple TV, or both, and download the latest Apple TV app on your iPhone.
Can I Remove Netflix Content From “Continue Watching” on Apple TV?
Go to the details page of a TV or movie on the ”continue watching row’, from the menu select “remove from continue watching”
You can also remove content you’ve recently watched from your viewing history. However, you can do this through a web browser, so you’ll need a laptop or a mobile phone to do the following:
- Open the browser, go to Netflix.com and log into your account.
- Open your profile and navigate to the top left corner.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Account.
- Under the “My Profile” section at the bottom of the page, you’ll see the Viewing Activity option.
- Select this option and navigate to the content title you want to remove.
- Move the cursor to the right-hand side and click on the hide icon.
Once you’ve selected the hide icon, a prompt will appear highlighting that the selected content will be removed from your viewing history within 24 hours.
You will no longer get suggestions based on that particular content. If you’ve selected a TV Show, the prompt will also contain a Hide Series option that you can choose to remove all viewing history about a specific television show.
If you’re struggling to stop a movie on Apple TV, you can read my detailed step-by-step guide.