If you’re looking to convert your iTunes prepaid, non-reloadable, or unused gift cards into cash, you’re at the right place. Then, allow me to guide you with putting your unused balance back on your card, transferring money to Amazon, and knowing why you can’t use your credit or unredeemed Apple gift cards.
While it’s frustrating not to convert your iTunes credit into cash, there are some important things to consider before you do this.
Can You Turn iTunes Money Into Cash?
No, you cannot turn iTunes money into cash. You cannot transfer your iTunes credit to your bank account. You can only buy credits using your credit card. However, converting gift cards to money is possible through the Redeem Gift Card on your Apple account.
There are a few proven ways to turn gift cards into cash, one of which is to sell gift cards to merchants, card exchanges, or kiosks. These options are perfect if you have gift cards you don’t need. However, keep in mind that you won’t get the exact value of your card when you sell them to any of these buyers.
Gift card merchants include companies that buy iTunes gift cards and resell them online. By entering the card details, you will get an offer for the amount in exchange for your gift card. If you want instant cash, gift card vending machines are usually located in department and grocery stores.
Another option is to find websites that swap gift cards for a similar value. It’s a good way to avoid wasting your unused gift cards and instead earn some cash in an instant.
If you don’t know how to put unused balance back into your iTunes card, you’ll find the answer in the next topic. Read below to understand if it’s possible to set your unused iTunes balance on your gift card.
How Do I Put the Unused Balance Back On My iTunes Card?
To put unused balance back on your iTunes card, you need to contact Apple’s support team and tell them to put the balance back on the card. However, this is only possible if none of your iTunes balance has been spent. You can also visit your local iTunes store to allow their staff to help you put the balance back onto the card.
You can only spend your iTunes gift cards on iTunes products, while your iTunes money will only go to your Apple balance. If you have already redeemed the gift card, check the balance by signing into your Apple ID.
After redeeming the card, it’s not technically your money. Rather, it’s your credit that you can use to buy items from the iTunes store. Unfortunately, you can’t redeem your gift cards for cash or refund them. Apple credits only last for 14 days, so make sure to send them to a trade-in partner before it expires to get the value.
Have you ever wondered if there is a benefit to buying Apple products from an Apple store? To know the answer I recommend you read my helpful article.
Can You Transfer iTunes Money to Amazon?
You cannot use your iTunes money or credit balance to buy something on Amazon. Generally, it’s impossible to transfer iTunes money or credit to another user or platform. You can only use your credit balance by redeeming a monetary gift card, given that you haven’t spent that credit yet.
Buying stuff on Amazon using your iTunes card is like buying products from Target using your Walmart card – it’s impossible. There’s simply no way to use your iTunes gift card on Amazon or other marketplaces. The following are the things you can buy with your iTunes gift card:
- Buy music and movies from Apple Books, Apple TV app, or iTunes Store.
- Pay for Apple Music, Apple TV+, and Apple Arcade subscriptions.
- Pay for apps that are available in the App Store.
- Buy iCloud storage.
How Do I Transfer Unused Credits from iTunes?
Transferring unused credits from iTunes to another platform is not allowed You cannot use your iTunes credits to buy gifts for another user. While Apple doesn’t permit their users to transfer any unused credits from iTunes, you can request a refund through Customer Service to get raw cash in turn.
How To Request A Refund from Apple
- Go to the Apple Support page. However, getting a refund is not always guaranteed for purchased git certificates.
- Click on the Report a Problem button. It’s located in the upper left corner of the site.
- Type in your Apple ID details. Enter your email address and password, and then tap next.
- Select the gift card. Scroll down to find the card that you want a refund for.
- Tap on the Report a Problem button. It’s located on the right side of your purchased card’s heading. Look for the text items below the card.
- Click on the Choose Problem box. It’s found just below the heading of the gift card.
- Choose a problem. Select the option in the drop-down menu that suits your situation. The options include: I Didn’t Authorize This Purchase, Didn’t Mean to Purchase This Item, and Meant to Purchase a Different Item
- Type a message. Enter your Apple ID email address, refund amount, and shipping address in the message field.
- Click the Submit button. After sending your request, allow Apple to review the claim and respond within 14 days. If you didn’t get a response from Apple, you could submit another request for a refund.
Trading in your old iPhone is a great way to get a fantastic deal on a new model but Apple has tons of laws about what you can and cannot trade. To get one step ahead of Apple I recommend you read my helpful post.
Can You Put Money Back on an iTunes Card?
Unfortunately, you cannot put money back into an iTunes card once already spent. So while you can turn card values into dollars if you purchased them with official receipts, this is not guaranteed. You might even find some merchants or websites that offer to recover your money or gift cards.
Before you try putting money back on your iTunes cards, remember that once you’ve used them, the cards can no longer be returned until the purchases have all been voided also. So restoring the balance by refunding the transaction won’t allow you to return the money to your credit card either.
How Do You “Unredeemed” an Apple Gift Card?
- Contact Apple Support and select a number from the options given by the bot
- You will be directed to a live representative to address your concern
- Tell the phone advisor that you want to talk to an Account Security Advisor
- Provide your Apple account details.
There’s a slim chance to “unredeemed” your Apple gift card, but only when you follow a few steps and you haven’t used the card yet:
The advisor will ask your Apple ID information and some security questions to determine whether you can return your Apple gift credits. If yes, the advisor will guide you through the process until you get what you need.
Beware of scammers that might lure you into paying with your iTunes gift cards. Unfortunately, there are a lot of iTunes fraud schemes that push people to buy gift cards without paying them back. such scammers depositing a bad check in your account.
Why Can’t I Use My iTunes Balance?
Your primary payment method might be expired or the card isn’t activated yet or the card is invalid with a code that is only applicable in a particular country or state.
If you still can’t use your balance or card after trying several times, contact Apple Support. Here are some important things you need to provide during the call:
- A photo of the card, including the front and back details.
- An official receipt to show when you purchased it.
- The card’s serial number is found at the back of the card.
You can’t use your Apple ID or iTunes balance to make some purchases. For instance, it can’t be used to send gift cards or gifts to anyone. Even if you’re using the Family Sharing feature, family members still can’t use your balance. The money you put into your iTunes or Apple ID account is exclusively available to you.
If you’re trying to restore an iPhone through iTunes, I wrote an article to help you fix your phone from getting stuck in Recovery Mode.
How do I use my iTunes balance instead of my credit card?
- Tap iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store on your device.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Featured section and tap Redeem.
- Tap “You can also enter your code manually.” …
- Type your gift or content code and tap Redeem. …
- After you redeem a gift card code, your iTunes account balance will update.