MyFitnessPal is perhaps one of the most practical and accurate apps on Fitbit that lets you track your daily diet and activity. By syncing your MyFitnessPal account with Fitbit, you can make the most of both these tools and stick to a healthy lifestyle. However, some Fitbit users have complained about Fitbit and MyFitnessPal not syncing. Wondering why this happens?
The reason why your Fitbit may not be syncing with MyFitnessPal is because the two apps may be having connection issues and are unable to link. Another reason why this could be happening is because either of these two apps are not updated to the latest versions.
If you have ever tried syncing MyFitnessPal with Fitbit but your health info still does not show up on either the Fitbit or the MyFitnessPal app, despite it saying that both the devices are linked, read on to discover a number of ways you can force your Fitbit to sync with MyFitnessPal.
Are you having trouble connecting your Fitbit tracker with your Huawei phone? Read my article to learn why it’s not connecting and find out an easy fix.
How Do I Force My Fitbit To Sync With MyFitnessPal?
Try the following things to force sync your Fitbit with MyFitnessPal:
- Only log your food on MyFitnessPal and not Fitbit.
- Update both the apps.
- Delete and reinstall the MyFitnessPal app.
- Check if MyFitnessPal is tracking your Fitbit steps.
- Relink the two apps.
If your Fitbit is not syncing with MyFitnessPal, make sure you are not logging your food on Fitbit as it would not sync with MyFitnessPal from the Fitbit app. So only log your food intake with MyFitnessPal as it will sync with your Fitbit. This is only the case for food. Exercise and activities sync both ways between both the apps.
If this does not work, try the following fixes:
- Make sure both your apps are updated to their latest versions.
- Delete the MyFitnessPal app from your Fitbit and phone and reinstall it on both the devices. Once done, reconnect it to the Fitbit app on your phone.
- Open the MyFitnessPal app, go to Settings > Steps and make sure that the correct Fitbit tracker is check-marked and it’s not connected to the wrong device.
- If you have an Apple device, make sure you have allowed Motion & Fitness access. For other devices, make sure both the apps are allowed for background app refreshing.
- Relink your device with MyFitnessPal by following these steps:
- Disconnect your tracker from MyFitnessPal by going to www.MyFitnessPal.com. Go to Home > Apps > Fitbit Tracker > Disconnect and then unlink the two accounts.
- Now use the Fitbit’s online dashboard or app to revoke its access to MyFitnessPal.
To do so using the Fitbit online website, navigate to Settings > Applications and disable access to MyFitnessPal by MyFitnessPal LLC.
To do so using the Fitbit app, go to Today > Profile picture > Third-Party Apps > Manage Third-Party Apps, and disable access to MyFitnessPal by MyFitnessPal LLC.
- Go to www.MyFitnessPal.com and reconnect your Fitbit tracker by going to Home > Apps > Fitbit Tracker > Connect. Now sign into your Fitbit account and click on Allow All to authorize MyFitnessPal’s access to your tracker’s data. Once done, go to the MyFitnessPal app on your phone and click on the More or Hamburger Menu icon > Steps and make sure your Fitbit Tracker is selected.
Have you ever noticed that the steps in your Fitbit disappear after a while and you lose track of your step count? Read my article to find out why it is happening and learn how to fix it.
Now check if your MyFitnessPal app is synced with Fitbit. If you are still having issues syncing the two devices, go to www.MyFitnessPal.com and confirm whether the two devices are linked by going to Apps and seeing whether Fitbit is listed under the current connected apps.
If it says both your apps are linked but you still do not see information being synced between both your devices, reach out to Fitbit’s support team for assistance.
Is your Fitbit’s screen too dim to read anything? Read my article to find out how to improve your Fitbit’s screen dimness and brighten it.