Cleaning MacBook keys can be difficult as the keyboard’s keys are so small and delicate, and you may not have a can of compressed air lying around.
This article will explain how you can clean your MacBook keyboard without compressed air to make your MacBook keys look as good as new.
Looking to make your MacBook better? Amazon has the best selection of MacBook accessories, which are durable and made of high-quality materials. Click here to find the perfect accessories to meet your needs.
How to Clean MacBook Keyboard Without Compressed Air?
Dampen a cotton swab or toothbrush with rubbing alcohol and clean around the keys. The swab should be wet but not dripping. Please dispose of the swab when it has picked up enough dirt. You will need multiple swabs to clean the entire keyboard.
Using a small brush or swab is the easiest way to clean your MacBook keyboard. A brush is readily available in every household and is a great tool when cleaning computer parts like keyboards and speaker grills. You do need rubbing alcohol which you can pick up for a great price on Amazon or any electronic store.
Although compressed air makes everything easier (for cleaning the keyboard at least), you can still clean the keyboard with a spare toothbrush and a piece of lint-free microfiber cloth.
Here are a few steps you can follow when cleaning your MacBook keyboard without compressed air:
- Prepare a brush like this Small Portable Plastic Handle Nylon Anti Static Brushes Computer Keyboard Cleaning Brush Kit.
- Turn off the MacBook and make sure there are no cables connected.
- Start brushing off the MacBook keyboard and remove the dead skin around the edges. Remove any filth-like hair or dirt that you may find.
- Wipe off the keyboard with a dry cloth so that no dust or dirt is left behind.
- Like the MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth, use a lint-free microfiber cloth with a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution to remove the dead skin on the keyboard keys.
- Wipe it off with a dry cloth to finish the cleaning process.
You can easily clean your MacBook keyboard without needing compressed air by following the steps above. Looking to clean/remove stickers from your MacBook? Please read my article on how to remove stickers from a MacBook.