If you are one of those who use their MacBooks as support to hold their feet while applying nail polish, you are not alone. Unfortunately, many people do and accidentally get nail polish stains on their MacBooks.
Use a paper towel to blot the nail polish stain as much as possible. Next, use a dry cotton swab to wipe wet nail polish from in between the keys. Then use a cotton swab with a nail polish remover to wipe the areas you just cleaned. Lastly, wipe the laptop with a paper towel using a purpose-cleaner.
So if your MacBook has got nail polish stains, read on to find out how to get nail polish off MacBook, how to get dried nail polish off your computer, and whether you can use Acetone on MacBook.
Can You Use Nail Polish Remover On A Mac
If you have accidentally spilled nail polish on your MacBook, it may dry off quickly as nail polishes come with quickly drying ingredients. However, an accidental spill on your MacBook surface can leave a messy stain. Therefore, you must carefully wipe off the nail polish to avoid more damage to your MacBook.
To get nail polish off your MacBook, follow these four steps:
- Use a paper towel to blot the fresh nail polish off your MacBook. Continue to blot with clean paper towels until you have removed the wet nail polish as much as possible.
- Now remove the wet nail polish from your keyboard by wiping in between the keys using a dry cotton swab. Use fresh cotton swabs once they are covered in the polish so as not to leave any further stains.
- Now dampen some cotton swabs with nail polish remover and clean the areas of your MacBook that you just wiped using the dry cotton swabs. It would remove any of the dried nail polish that is left on your MacBook.
- Now dampen a paper towel with an all-purpose cleaner and wipe all of the areas of your MacBook to remove any nail polish remover residue.
- Lastly, use a dry paper towel to dry off any dampness on your MacBook.
That’s how you clean freshly spilled nail polish off your MacBook.
But how do you get dried nail polish off your computer? Read on to find out!
Do you like to personalize everything you own? Then, you may want to repaint one thing you use the most — your MacBook! Read my article to find out if it’s possible to repaint your MacBook.
How Do I Get Dried Nail Polish Off My Computer?
Dampen a cloth with an alcohol-based mouthwash and wipe the computer with this damp cloth to remove the dried-out nail polish. Continue dabbing at the stains with a clean cloth until the nail polish is completely removed. Make sure to change the fabric once it gets stained with nail polish.
Drying off nail polish on your computer can be pretty hard. But don’t worry. It is possible to get dried nail polish off your computer. You will need an alcohol-based mouthwash, some clean cloths, and paper towels.
- Dampen a clean cloth with an alcohol-based mouthwash. Make sure it is merely damp and not too wet.
- Start dabbing at the dried-out nail polish with this cloth. When you notice that the fabric is stained with nail polish, grab a new dampened cloth and continue.
- Keep dabbing on the nail polish until you completely get it off.
- Now use a paper towel dampened with water to wipe the mouthwash residue off your computer.
- Lastly, dry off your computer using dry paper towels.
That’s how you get dried nail polish off your computer. You can also use alcohol-based wet wipes to get it off your computer. But make sure to always wipe your laptop with a clean cloth dampened with water at the end to get all the residue off your computer. Lastly, always dry your computer thoroughly using a dry cloth.
Do you have a chipped MacBook that looks ugly? Then, please read my article to find out how you can fix a chipped MacBook and make it look new again.
Can I Use Acetone on MacBook?
As a general rule you should avoid acetone (a compound used in makeup remover) on your MacBook, as acetone can penetrate deeper than the surface and damage the internals fof the MacBook. Instead use an alcohol wipe, to wipe the affected area then dry the device with a soft microfibre cloth.
You should always avoid using acetone on your MacBook as a general rule. For example, if you have nail polish stains on your MacBook, do not clean it using an acetone-based makeup remover. Acetone is a strong compound that penetrates deeper and damages the surface of your MacBook.
When you have got tough stains like those from nail polish spills on your MacBook, you may get the nail polish off your computer using a nail polish remover carefully. However, most people don’t tell you that nail polish removers with acetone should not be used on MacBooks.
Acetone is a compound commonly found in nail polish removers. However, it is a very strong compound that must not be used on your MacBook. My cousin used an acetone-based nail polish remover to wipe nail polish stains off her MacBook.
But when she cleaned off the residue and dried out her computer, she noticed white marks all over it that would not go away no matter what she did. Acetone-based nail polish removers are very strong and can even remove the paint on your MacBook.
Acetone causes crazing and ends up damaging the surface of your Mac forever. Unfortunately, it cannot be undone, and you will have ugly marks all over your MacBook.
Therefore, you should always use alcohol-based wet wipes, alcohol-based mouthwash, or nail polish removers without acetone to wipe any stains off your MacBook. Make sure to read the nail polish remover ingredients before you use them.
You should also consider keeping your MacBook in a case. But putting a case on your MacBook could be a bad idea in some cases. Please read my article to find out when you should not put a case on your Mac.