If you are a bilingual or native Arabic speaker, you may find an Arabic keyboard on your laptop very handy. Whether you have a new MacBook Pro or are planning to order one from Apple Store online, you may wonder whether it comes with an Arabic keyboard or not.
You can order a MacBook Pro with an Arabic Magic Keyboard. The online store gives you the option to choose Arabic as the language on your Magic Keyboard. However, you can only get a MacBook with an Arabic keyboard by ordering from an authorized Apple Store.
Ordering a MacBook Pro with an Arabic keyboard is not as daunting as it seems. You can easily get a Mac with your desired keyboard with the right information. Read on to find out how to get an Arabic keyboard on your Mac.
How Do I Get an Arabic Keyboard on Mac?
You can enable an Arabic keyboard on your Mac if you have a MacBook with OS X or MacBook Pro. First, go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources and select the Arabic entry from the left sidebar.
According to Apple, getting an Arabic keyboard on Mac can be done by enabling the Arabic keyboard. This feature is available for all OS X versions, including MacBook Pro. Enable the Arabic keyboard layout to type in this language. MacBook Pros can display Arabic keyboards perfectly fine.
Here are simple steps to enable the Arabic keyboard layout on your Mac:
- Open System Preferences in the Apple menu located on the upper left side of the screen. If you’re using OS X >=10.9, click on the Keyboard button. However, if you’re using OS X <10.9, click on the Language & Text button.
- Tap on the Input Sources button
- Select the Arabic entry from the left sidebar. If you’re using OS X >= 10.9, tap the “+” icon and add the Arabic entry
After these steps, you can now type in Arabic while adding it to the menu bar to choose the Arabic keyboard whenever you need to. The American flag means English, while a green crescent is visible when typing on the Arabic keyboard.
If you wonder whether MacBook keyboards come in multiple languages, read my article to know if Mac keyboards come in different languages. I wrote the article to help bilingual or non-English speakers make their typing experience on Mac a breeze.
Does MacBook Pro Have an Arabic Keyboard?
MacBook Pro has a virtual Arabic Keyboard, but you can also purchase the Magic Keyboard in Arabic layout. While the physical Arabic keyboard can be expensive, you can add your preferred language to your Mac’s virtual keyboard.
To easily switch between English (default language) and Arabic, follow these easy steps:
- Go to System Preferences which you can find in the Applications tab
- Click on Language and Region
- Select the keyboard preferences tab found in the input settings
- Tap the Plus icon “+” and choose Arabic in the menu and click
- Click on the Keyboard button and select Show Keyboard, Emoji, & Symbol Settings found in the menu bar to switch between preferred languages and activate the virtual keyboard.
Now, you can type in Arabic and easily switch to the default language whenever you want to, without any hassle. But if you’re going to use an Arabic keyboard permanently, you can get the Magic Keyboard – Arabic from Apple.
The Magic Keyboard offers an authentic and comfortable typing experience with a rechargeable and wireless feature. The long-lasting battery powers the keyboard for up to 30 days or even more until it needs to be recharged. The wireless keyboard automatically pairs with Mac, and it comes with a USB-C Lightning Cable for pairing and charging.
If you want to clean your Mac keyboard, read my article to get some practical tips on cleaning your Mac keyboard without compressed air. Keeping your keyboard clean is an important way to maintain its precision. In addition, I hope you now know how to order MacBook Pro with an Arabic keyboard.